In this tutorial I will show you how to use trendlines in microsoft excell 2007. Trendlines can only be used for certain types of charts.
- Stacked-chart, 3D, Radar, Pie-chart, surface-chart, donut-chart
Let me show you step by step how to create a trendline:
Step 1 Go to the "design tab" to change your chart type
Step 2 Change to a clustered column chart (as an example)
Step 3 Go to chart tools
This is where you can select trendline options. Now you can choose between 4 different types of trendline: Linear, exponential, Linear forecast, two period moving average.
If you have more than one data series for your chart, you can choose which data series you would like to add the trendline.
Step 4 Changing the legend layout (to the side of the chart)
Select the Legend that you are working on in your Excell sheet. (You can change the name for the trendline name in the legend menu, which is part of the chart tools.)
Step 5 Trendline options
You can format the trendline by selecting it in the dropdown menu on the left of the chart tools tab. Here you can change the attributes and the name of the trendline. (colour, type, etc.)
- You can add various trendlines to the same chart for each individual data serie.
- View the video tutorial here.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades